We are currently recruiting for a Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning who can develop software and network applications that will enhance Our Client’s product line. You will take leadership in the development of applications that provide functionality to Our Client products, with an emphasis on real-time, multitasking designs.
What you will do in the position:
· Design infrastructure for collecting training data from devices deployed in the field and build tools for verifying our neural networks in real-world environments.
· Define, implement, and optimize performance metrics for computer vision, data exploration, data analysis, and automated data validation pipeline
· Validate the algorithms and models in pre and post-production environments
· Research and identify industry-leading technical trends and technologies and translate your findings to suit Our Client’s business needs
· Work independently on and completely designs, tests, documents, and helps guide clearly defined firmware/software projects
· Attend design team meetings to provide input into the overall software architecture of a project
· Provide project development effort and schedule estimates during project planning stages
· Participate in an Agile team and provides mentoring and leadership to others on the process
· Participate in the evaluation of new software technologies to be applied to future Our Client products
· Use test tools such as debuggers, emulators, and test plans to unit and system test software applications to debug and validate them
· Support Sustaining Engineering in solving design errors and/or modifications of existing released products
· Investigate and resolve customer problems based on business priority
· Correct and document software as necessary to fix problems with released software applications
· Become thoroughly acquainted with current as well as future Our Client projects
· Provide leadership and advice to more junior software engineers regarding the design and development of other projects
What you will need to succeed in this position:
· Must have 10+ years of C/C++ or Python development and production experience in Computer Vision and Deep Learning
· Experience in handling live streaming data coming from edge devices to the cloud
· You are comfortable with client-side UI front-end design as well as server-side back-end support
· Experience with designing and developing web applications using node and react.js on embedded Linux-based devices is a plus
· Experience with training neural networks that moved into production and experience with using custom datasets is highly desirable
· Experience with computer vision deployments using tools like DeepStream, GStreamer, or Sagemaker
· Experience with GPU deployments
· Experience with databases is a plus
· Great programming skills in Python and similar languages with deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Proficient in communication and writing skills, with the ability to design in a group/ collaborative setting
Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, pet insurance, life insurance, and 401K contributions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds, 50 pounds with assistance.