We are searching for a Principal Software Engineer for an exciting start up in the histopathology space. This company is revolutionizing microscopic diagnoses. This role is focused on developing and leading the team to design, build, and maintain backend and frontend web based software applications. The Full Stack Engineer will report directly to the Director of Software Engineering and work closely with the R&D team to deliver best in class biotech software applications.
Requirements of the Principal Software Engineer:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in the field of computer science, mathematics, or related field
- Experience with medical device or biotech software development
- 6+ years experience with software development and 5+ years of complex software development
- 8+ years experience with Python and one or two of the following: React, Python, Rust, and C++
- 5+ years experience with cloud computing software, preferably AWS
- 6+ years experience with agile software development and principles and practices
- Experience working with AI/ML scientists and applications
- Experience working in medical devices or biotech required.
Responsibilities of the Principal Software Engineer:
- Lead team to design, build and maintain backend and frontend web based software applications
- Responsible for cross collaboration with R&D, quality, data science, and other teams
- Maintaining quality assurance and testing, software integration, software verification, integrations, and more
- Ensuring software standards are met along with developing architecture and code based specifications
- Mentor junior software engineers on software development best practices