This outstanding candidate will support our operations and finance teams by performing daily and month/quarter/year-end accounting tasks while providing timely, accurate, and meaningful financial information to internal.
· Responsible for performing daily cash management tasks, reconciling the Corporation’s various operating cash, money market, payables, and deposit accounts held with various financial institutions.
· Performs essential closing tasks to include steel and non-steel inventory reconciliations, mass upload of period-end journal entries, formulating sales commission accruals, P&L fluctuation analyses, capital project closure and fixed asset recordings, and posting depreciation/amortization of the Corporation’s fixed assets and intangibles.
· Reconciles prepaid expenses, payroll, fixed asset, and other key balance sheet accounts as assigned.
· Performs analysis and recalculations of revenue, costs, and profits of material steel manufacturing projects to help ensure the timely and accurate recognition of revenue in accordance with ASC-606.
· Furnishes management with guidance pertaining to the organization’s financial procedures and day to day operations.
· Documents key accounting policies and procedures with guidance from management.
· Ensures Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and appropriate accounting control procedures are maintained.
· Coordinates the resolution of policy and accounting problems arising in the preparation of financial statements.
· Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in external audits, physical inventories, and budgeting and forecasting activities.
· Assists in the implementation of the Corporation’s various ERP systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience.
· Knowledge of GAAP, applicable laws, and regulations.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Maintains strong attention to detail and ability to create professional, clear workpapers.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to foster excellent working relationships with stakeholders across the organization to understand business, reporting, and data needs.
· MS Office skills required, including Excel and Word.