North Suburban Chicago CPA seeks dynamic Staff Accountant
Here is your opportunity to make your mark and join a one of the best CPA firms in the Chicago Area. We have been consistently voted as one of the best places to work in Chicago, and value a quality of life work environment for our associates.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant. We prefer a background with experience in public accounting, with exposure to federal and state income tax, financial reporting, and general accounting.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Ability to be the in-charge of client compilation, review and audit, engagements from the planning phase until the completion of the financial statement and tax returns.
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing various new audit and accounting standards and communicating to team members and/or clients.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and financial statements using various software programs.
- Reconcile accounts to trial balance.
- Perform schedule computation of accruals, property and equipment and calculates depreciation expense.
- Perform other accounting and auditing as needed.
- Ability to communicate directly with clients during attestation engagements.
- Prepare working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and other reports in accordance with generally accepted professional and firm standards.
- Communicates engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to partners and supervisors.
- Respond to tax notices, communicate with taxing authorities and partner regarding such notices.
- Prepare tax projections.
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Demonstrate analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients through good communication, timely service and support of client’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting is encouraged.
- 2 to 5 years of experience providing compilation, review, and auditing services in a public accounting firm.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to develop technical skills to provide services to clients. The Firm will assist with achieving this requirement.
- An open door policy, which encourages new staff members to ask questions and promotes strong professional development.
- Outstanding benefits include 20 days personal time off, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, sponsored continuing education, health and life insurance and competitive salary.
- We are steps away from the Metra and public transportation is an option.
- A quality of life work environment and a commitment to employee growth, development, and advancement.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance