Exciting biotech company seeks Staff Accountant to join the Finance Department. This person will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for managing accounting needs, Accounts Payable and Receivable and corresponding documentation.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable work experience.
- 4+ years experience in accounting.
- Familiarity with 1099 and 3-way matching.
- Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, multitasking and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive and establish solutions in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and through written correspondence across matrixed teams, leaders and vendors.
- Accounting experience at a manufacturing company and start up preferred.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- AP, AR and Expense management.
- Prepare account reconciliations and month end journal entries.
- Responsible for packing slip to PO and vendor invoice three-way matching process for inventory purchases.
- Process vendor payments, ensure check matches with backup for review by finance leader.
- Prepare and file 1099.
- Support inventory count, reconciliation process and other departments in the company’s ERP.
- Create and submit invoices as needed in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare, post, verify and maintaining record of customer transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Review files and identify delinquent accounts, contact accountholders to request payment.
- Research discrepancies and past due accounts with assistance of the Controller.
- Maintain filing system for financial records, information and documents.
- Coordinate with external vendors and internal managers to process invoices for payment, W-9 form requests, vendor credit application requests, etc.
- Review and monitor credit card expenses, ensuring transactions are recorded.
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer