Major established international and brand name company has a newly created opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer to join their (Product Development) Testing Department at their location in south Suburban Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Testing Engineer will manage project to achieve certain targets for specific vehicles regarding function, performance, durability, cost reduction, ease of manufacturing and so on.
These actions are carried out in collaboration with other testing engineer team members, design engineer team members and with direction from management. This is a very hands on position and involves both the electrical and mechanical side as well as tearing down and rebuilding vehicles. Will also troubleshoot at the customer site. This role is for an out of the box thinker. Will be involved with full cycle of the project. Will be involved with the wiring of the vehicle. There are major company benefits, 2% profit sharing and quarterly bonus potential as well as relocation assistance is available from anywhere in the USA. Must have a Green Card or U.S. citizenship.
Engineer Position Summary
• Develop new vehicle that both improve the performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology and industries.
• Follow the internal development process and Submit the deliverables.
• Manage Schedule, Cost and Quality to complete projects.
• Plan, Design and Supervise.
• Determine the causes of failure.
• Improve the process of Product Development and Development Quality Assurance.
• Manage PJ of entire vehicle development.
• Build prototype parts, components, system and vehicle for evaluation.
• Complete parts, components, system or vehicle evaluation by utilizing existing testing protocols, and provide and validate results on-schedule.
• Test problem list entry and evaluation for proposed countermeasures.
• Prepare engineering release documentation that validates parts function and durability etc.
• Participate as working-level member of individual PJ cross functional team to ensure a quality product is developed on schedule within prescribed cost.
• Provide deliverables on-schedule as directed by management or other engineers.
• Analysis of causes of market claim parts and determination of countermeasure specification.
• Collaborate with both of domestic and oversea suppliers.
• Communication with Headquarter in Japan.
• Self task management to meet the task schedule.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• BS degree in engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology or relevant field. With the right experience will also consider no degree as well.
• 5-10 years of experience with a vehicle evaluation, or relevant evaluation. Lesser experience will be considered for another Testing Engineer position with as little as 2 years of experience.
• Ability to drive vehicles at a high level and evaluate performance to provide direction for meeting vehicle criteria.
• Understanding and usage of equipment for strain measurement and analysis, vehicle handling and performance equipment.
• Ability to visualize and plan multiple technical assignments 1-6 months out into future.
• Ability to conceive countermeasure plans for technical challenges.
• Basic knowledge of automobile technologies.
• Broad knowledge of principles regarding mechanical engineering.
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials for both production and prototype quality.
• Broad knowledge of technical problem solving.
• Ability to apply basic mechanical engineering knowledge to real world vehicle design.
• Good written and verbal communication ability.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• NX 2D/3D operation.
• Vehicle navigation system development.
• Deep Cycle battery development.
• Lithium-ion battery development.