Our client, located near Flower Mound, TX, is a $1B+ leading manufacturer in their niche and have been in business for 100 years! They employ around 4,000 people and realize that these people are their greatest strength. The company has created a culture where they strive to always Do What’s Right and aspire to Be Extraordinary today, while building an even better future. Company is invested long-term in IT!
The Sr. Systems Administrator – O365 administers day-to-day operations of Microsoft servers and related applications and components common to a Microsoft Windows Server environment. Provides integrated support and maintenance of Active Directory, operating systems, and network-based applications with a focus on Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Infrastructure. Setup and configure Intel server platforms with Company approved software. Serves as second and third level support for servers and corporate applications related to problems that the IT Service Desk cannot resolve. Evaluates new hardware, operating systems and related standards. Work with outside suppliers to obtain technical specifications for hardware and operating systems solutions.
Company recently implemented O365 email and is now planning to expand the use of the application to support OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and InTune Mobile Security.
- Offered is a very competitive salary, excellent benefits and a very stable, growing organization to work for. Relocation assistance is available!
What you will do
- Provide primary support for Microsoft Active Directory, On-Prem Exchange, Office 365, and Azure Active Directory.
- Configure O365 applications to industry standard best practices and security guidelines with an initial immediate focus on email, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online.
- Manage VMWare VCenter environment for nearly 500+ virtual servers across multiple clustered environments in different geographical regions.
- Identify and resolve system hardware and software related issues and failures.
- Ensure business continuity.
- Effectively administer and enhance a Windows server Active Directory environment.
- Provide management and maintenance of internal and external DNS.
- Responsible for development, deployment, and administration of Active Directory (AD) domain infrastructure. Including Sites, Services, and routing topology. GPO design, Organizational Unit structure and overall security of Active Directory.
- Responsible for all internal and external email routing.
- Upgrade software components and install operating system upgrades as required.
- Monitor network and system performance, recommend and implement adjustments upon approval.
- Provide users with second and third level technical support.
- Responsible for on call after hours system support on a 6-week rotation.
- Implement system and network changes in a controlled manner; adhere to company change control policies.
- Document network and system diagrams, process flow diagrams, and backup/recovery procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have expert level experience and skills to properly manage the O365 suite of applications to support performance, functionality, and a very tight security posture for an international footprint. Must be a seasoned professional who’s been in the trenches and understands the technology impact on business processes and drives towards business success.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent; or related experience in equivalent combination of education and work history.
- 5+ years of experience in a large-scale Microsoft Windows Environment including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2003 to 2019, Active Directory, MS Office 365, Azure Active Directory and VMWare.
- 5+ years of experience managing a complex Active Directory configuration.
- Industry certifications are a big plus, but practical industry experience trumps all.
- Local to Flower Mound, TX or willing to relocate (company paid).