The Sr. Regional Property Manager is under the direct supervision of the Managing Director, Multi-Housing or Vice President, Multi-Housing. The Sr. Regional Property Manager is assigned a portfolio of Property Assets within the Affordable Portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, leading teams, resolving tenant concerns, maintaining properties, working within a budget and adhering to policy compliance.
- Process Management
- Customer Service
- Property Performance Goals
- Training/ Employee Development
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Exceptional leadership skills with a highly collaborative management style.
- Ability to cultivate trust, relationships and navigate interpersonal dynamics within the team.
- Guide the professional growth and development of property managers by providing the best resources, practices and educational opportunities.
- Skilled at building a cohesive team and aligning team actions with company strategies to drive business results.
- Support and execute on new initiatives and programs that will favorably position the portfolio.
- Conduct site visits to assess operations at each property; including, but not limited to, evaluate the tenant experience, perform market analysis, determine ways to increase property value, and network locally to assist with meeting marketing goals.
- Provide overall direction and supervision of Affordable portfolio, with oversite responsibilities for management of properties within the regions as needed.
- Conduct at least twice monthly on-site property visits and face-to-face meetings with site manager.
- TRACS/MINC for all assigned properties.
- Use EIV system to obtain income information and distribute to assigned properties.
- Review and approve contractor bids, track vendor contracts and coordinate annual re-bids.
- Monitor waiting lists, occupancy reports and control logs.
- Review and approve advertising for assigned properties, and work with site managers to maintain high occupancy and a strong waiting list.
- Manage tenant complaint appeals.
- Develop capital improvement plans.
- Monitor and review delinquent and prepaid reports.
- Work with Compliance to monitor scheduled re-certifications and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures related to tenant file audits.
- Coordinate Open Houses and set-up newly developed properties.
- Timesheet and Accounts Payable approval for assigned properties.
- Develop and follow through on corrective programs for property personnel.
- Train site managers and assist in preparation of Safety/Training meetings.
- Respond to state agency desktop audits and compliance reviews.
- Assist with obtaining information necessary for the completion of grants.
- Initiate Replacement Reserve Requests for all assigned properties.
- Coordinate preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for assigned properties and report out to Finance team on a monthly basis.
- Quarterly property inspections with Community Manager.
- Assist or coordinate Management Reviews and REAC Inspections.
- Site Management functions when property manager is absent: Accounts Payable, Dues Collection oversight, maintenance scheduling, vendor contracting, regular office hours and tenant relations/correspondence.
- Property Management functions: Owner contact and attendance at owner meetings, meeting agendas and minutes, operating report preparation to accompany financial report Special Projects: New project development, business development, market studies, new business proposals, receiverships.
- College degree (minimum of 2 years, preferably 4 years) or 5 to 10 years’ experience in property management, focusing on budgeting, finance, and operations.
- Knowledge of Affordable housing and government regulations is required.
- Required to obtain a Certified Occupancy Specialist (or equivalent) designation, Housing Certified Credit Professional (or equivalent) and Accredited Residential Manager (ARM), or Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) designation within three (3) years of employment.