We are looking for a chemical process engineer to support the operation of a 24/7 continuous process chemical manufacturing plant.
This position may be intersecting because…
Excellent opportunities for career advancement within this company. This position is open due to promotion.
The company is a world leader in it’s market segment and they emphasize sustainability, decarbonization, and safety in manufacturing.
Based in Siouxland near Sioux City, IA there is a vibrant tight-knit community with excellent schools that is still within a couple hours of cities like Omaha, NE and Sioux Falls, SD
What you’ll be doing:
Monitor and report on operational performance, focusing on efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process safety.
Evaluate process and equipment performance to minimize plant upsets, identifying and implementing solutions for process chemistry and equipment issues.
Optimize process performance through troubleshooting, data analysis, process modeling, and technical support to operations.
Conduct process engineering studies and provide comprehensive support during the design of new installations and processes.
Prioritize projects to increase production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and enhance environmental, health, and safety (EHS) performance.
What you’ll bring to this job:
BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET or IchemE accredited university is required.
6+ years of process engineering experience
Experience working for an operating company in the chemical manufacturing, refining, or oil and gas industry is required
Must be authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer with fantastic benefits as described below.
· 401k plan with automatic employer contribution of 4% for the first 5 years, increasing based on years of service and dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
· Comprehensive medical benefits from Blue Cross Blue Sheild and Dental and Vision benefits from Cigna
· 12 Paid Holidays, 80 hours of Paid Vacation (Paid Vacation increases based on years worked for the company), and 40 hours of Paid Sick Time
· Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Business Travel Accident Insurance
· Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, with automatic contribution of $250 for employee only and $500 with dependent and dollar-for dollar matching contribution up to $500 for employee only coverage and $1,000 if you are covering at least one dependent to the HSA
· Additional Employee Assistant Program, Health and Wellness Programs, and Goldman Saychs Aycho financial coaching available at no additional cost to employees.