Senior Process Engineer
We are looking for a results-driven individual who is experienced in the design of new products and the continuous improvement of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, and implement new composite formulations, processes, and procedures in Pultrusion and Compression Molding.
· Configure manufacturing systems to improve operating capability, compliance, and process reliability.
· Develop best practices within the production process with adhering to company’s safety procedures, cost, and quality standards.
· Research and propose new equipment or equipment modifications.
· Ensure all new designs are compliant with relevant regulatory requirements.
· Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning process flow.
· Work closely with production and support personnel to solve critical process issues as well as develop and optimize processes.
· Utilize engineering principles and data analysis to reduce variation in manufacturing processes and improve operating efficiency.
· Implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Develop innovative solutions and recommend new manufacturing technology.
· Interact with the sales team and customers to understand performance criteria, review prints, and ensure the best solution to meet the needs of the customer.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
· Experienced senior engineer with 5-10 years’ experience as a manufacturing or process engineer, preferably in the composite environment.
· Possess technical knowledge relative to composite manufacturing.
· Strong aptitude in problem solving using analytical tools.
· Strong verbal and written communication and technical writing skills.
· Possess strong detail-oriented and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with the focus on continuous improvement.
· Self-motivated with minimal supervision required.
· Flexibility to work various shifts to accommodate and support production.
· Familiarity with quality systems, statistical process control, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing tools.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and understanding of ERP products.
· B.S. in Industrial, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.