We have partnered with a Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier to Lead a search for their Sr. Process Engineer role at their Cincinnati Area Plant
Sr. Process Engineer (job description)
- Support manufacturing operations when needed.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Develop standardized work instructions as required.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- May directly supervise Process Specialists, if any, in the Process Engineering Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Five plus years related experience within Process Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, 5S, six sigma and TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to design machinery components on/for existing equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; design software; development software; Internet software; manufacturing software; project management software; spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Autocad, Minitab, Oracle ERP system).