- Lead, and/or help establish, the plumbing and fire protection department.
- Project management on various in-house projects, and interact with Clients on a daily basis.
- Oversee the design of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems throughout all company market sectors including academic, commercial, healthcare, science and technology and mission critical.
- Assume responsibility for designs of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems including sanitary, vent, storm, natural gas, domestic cold, hot, hot water return, grease waste, Pure water systems, Acid waste, high rise plumbing design, condensate, medical gases, vacuum and laboratory gases.
- Survey existing project sites to document the existing plumbing conditions and to assess existing plumbing infrastructure and to prepare due diligence reports.
- Design of fire suppression and fire alarm systems throughout all company market sectors including academic, commercial, healthcare, science and technology and mission critical.
- Responsible for designs of automatic sprinkler, standpipes, high rise fire pumps, gaseous agent suppression, fire alarm, voice evacuation, mass notification, special technology fire detection and smoke control.
- Perform the role of Engineer of Record for Plumbing designs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Architectural Engineering.
- PE is preferred.
- Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD).
- 15+ years of professional plumbing engineering industry experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Proficiency in project management, leadership, mentoring, and Client relations.
- Proffered knowledge in AutoCAD and Revit, MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook and cloud tools. Strong communication and computer skills are required.
- The preferred candidate will have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must have the ability to create and modify technical drawings and specifications
- Customer service perspective with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff