Sr. Network Engineer
Benefits of this position:
- Direct Hire
- Full Benefits Package
- Industry Leader
- Great culture
This team member will join a group of IT professionals focusing on network design, implementation, and support across the enterprise environment. This position will require excellent problem-solving skills and extensive knowledge of network architecture and design. Additionally, this team member will be heavily involved in projects that drive business value for our customer. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment and contribute to an energetic culture. As a senior team member within the IT (Information Technology) organization, this role will lead the efforts of maintaining and enhancing the stability and reliability of our customer’s network systems. A focus on project deliverables along with a mix of advanced support responsibilities will provide this team member with the opportunity to grow as a leader amongst peers. This position will influence the direction of our customer’s network design, implementations, and advancements. This team member will be responsible for assisting with the training and mentoring other team members. Participation in 24 x 7 on-call support rotation is expected for this position.
- Network Implementation- Implements hardware and software as required in support of projects and the existing production landscape. Executes unit tests in order to assure high quality of deliverables.
- Network Design- Designs solutions which satisfy complex requirements. Ensures technical solution designs are consistent with departmental standards.
- Security-Helps to maintain a secure and stable environment through recommending ongoing standards and implementing secure solutions.
- Network Support- Provides support for current production systems. Resolves problems and incidents in compliance with established resolutions SLAs. Determines and documents root cause of problems. Works to improve systems and processes to enforce simplicity, stability, and efficiency.
- Network and Applications Testing- In cooperation with other IT teams, designs and executives’ end-to-end tests that ensure solution design and implementation meet or exceed the documented solution requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience with network design, network security and general network management best practices.
- Experience with routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Extensive knowledge of network hardware including routers, switches, SD-WAN and wireless.
- Experience in multi-vendor network hardware environments from Cisco, Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, Meraki, Silver Peak
- Experience with network management tools including SolarWinds and What’s Up Gold
- Knowledge of WLAN design, implementation, and support.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly.
- Proven ability to gather requirements, present options and move forward with technical solutions in the network space.
- Provides network technical support directly to users and through ticketing systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in computer, science, business or related field
- Experience Minimum: 5-7 relevant professional experience
- Experience Preferred: 8+ years experience in a large retail information technology environment, 3+ years of network design including various network integration technology