As one of the fastest growing firms in the energy waste reduction movement, we provide wholistic residential and commercial program management solutions for utility and municipal clients throughout the country.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Special Projects, that will lead our growth in the Electric Vehicle space, and other aspects of electrification. This position is responsible for delivering cost-effective and timely recreational or exploratory projects for the organizations, and will collaborate with stakeholders to discuss project goals, quality standards, and timeframes. The Sr. Manager supports multiple teams and works with the sales and compliance teams for growth and innovation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop reports and analytics to share with the senior leadership team.
- Will be trained to lead programs for the company and responsible for specific growth and pilots as assigned.
- Performs assessments of business processes, organizational structures, and enabling technologies.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement. Develops recommendations and associated business cases justifying proposed solutions. Develops and implements process-related performance metrics.
- Understands, competently discusses, and assists in the design of processes for acquiring, selling, implementing, and delivering services. Includes identification of inputs, activities, outputs, resources, tools and time. Documents results through process maps and descriptions.
- Uses project management techniques and tools to plan and deliver initiatives on time and on budget. Works with leadership and key stakeholders to manage, resolve and mitigate issues, risks and contingencies. Contributes to improvement of project management tools.
- Expand revenue opportunities with current clients and generate new client relationships by providing innovative solutions.
- May review proposals to determine ROI feasibility, labor costs, timelines, funding and staffing requirements to meet business unit and company goals.
- Attend conferences and industry events to stay current on trends, and best practices in Electrification.
- Embrace and operate within our core values.
- Enforce operating model policy compliance with keen focus on contract, regulatory, and pricing compliance; refine operational policies over time to enhance business outcomes.
- Support the business development/strategy team toward strategic growth.
- Collaborate with the engineering team toward operational and strategic objectives.
- Participate in leadership team initiatives as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Participate in activities that will result in expansion (investments, alliances, acquisitions, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- PMP Certification, and/or Six Sigma Green Belt.
- 5 years of operations delivery, consulting, process transformation, process excellence experience in a mid to large organization.
- Knowledge of national, regional, and state electrification policies and initiatives.
- Excellent product planning, development, and analytical skills.
- Some experience in energy management and/or utilities a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to interface and drive collaboration with cross functional team members, senior leadership, and within customers and supplier organizations.
- Continuous learning mindset.
- Proven experience with successfully managing complex budgets.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission.
- Strong interpersonal written, verbal, and analytical skills with an emphasis on strategic and persuasive communication.
- Leader that can communicate with clarity and operate with finesse in a matrixed organization.
- Strong client service background.
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify innovative business solutions.
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls.
- Travel time up to 15%.
- Ability to successfully complete vetting process.