Seeking a Sr. Hardware Engineer to join their clients team! The Sr. Hardware Engineer will support the development and production of automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware. The right candidate will need to work with minimal direction but work under the direction of the DE management and Sr. staff members in Michigan and Kentucky.
Proud to partner with the leading manufacture of automotive parts. Direct Hire opportunity to join a global company with divisions/offices in all walks of the world!
Sr. Hardware Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Review & understand customer specifications for engine and traction control systems
- Develop circuit designs that meet the customers specifications for performance, EMC & endurance requirements
- Prepare and maintain various engineering documents to support production of existing and new products: RPLs, eBOMs, Material Data Sheets (IMDS), Design Notes & Presentations related to failure analysis.
- Support prototype builds for new & existing products
- Support validation testing of new & existing products with failure analysis as needed
- Investigate and implement automation improvements to the test stands and judgment parameters (Condition files).
- Prepare and present final reports for failure analysis activities to appropriate technicians and engineering personnel.
- Prepare various hardware design documents as necessary.
- Responsible for working with customer engineers, as necessary, to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are satisfactorily resolved.
- Assist other project team members and design engineers, in resolving issues related to the design of the electronic hardware.
- The candidate may be required to travel a limited extent within the U.S and travel to Japan is a possibility.
- Understand analog and digital hardware systems as applied to automotive control systems.
- Understand analysis methods and interpreting the results to convey this information to others.
- Be proficient in setting up and using laboratory test equipment such as multi-meters, scopes, logic analyzer, power analyzer.
- Conduct investigative circuit analysis using device schematics of products and testing equipment.
- Exercise critical thinking and dealing with complex problems to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and conclusions.
- Have excellent speaking and writing skills to convey information efficiently and effectively.
- Have experience creating worst case analysis (WCAs) and working with PSPICE
- Be able to coordinate program activities with team members at remote sites;
- Have embedded H/W design experience for automotive applications;
- Poses understanding of, and ability to, program in C or C++ to a limited extent;
- Be familiar with programming in C or C++.
- Be familiar with base2, base10, and base16 conversion.
- Be familiarity with hex editors.
- Be familiarity with CAN, SPI, LIN, UDS, or other communication protocols is a plus.
- Have the ability to perform some minor wire harness and/or loadbox assembly and repair.