This is Us:
You know us. You just didn’t know it. This is with a global chemical manufacture that prides itself on “Creating Tomorrow’s Solutions”. Their materials are so versatile and adaptable, they have virtually unlimited applications just about anywhere imaginable, making them an integral part of daily life. Whether it’s protecting buildings from the elements, a tube of toothpaste, a cell phone, airbags, or cosmetics, people from all over the world come into contact each day with our products and achievements. We are looking for capable, innovative, and enthusiastic achievers to join our team and grow with us. We are currently seeking an EI&C Engineer for our Central Infrastructure team at our site in Charleston, TN.
What you will do:
The EI&C Engineer in Central Infrastructure performs a variety of electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering work to maintain and to continuously improve the performance of multiple utility and process units at the Charleston Chemical Plant. The main objective of this position is to provide engineering and technical services to operations and process units to assure safe operations, regulatory compliance and to maximize the availability and efficiency of these units. A thorough technical knowledge of field instrumentation, local and distributed control systems is required, knowledge of Fire alarm systems and/or electric power systems is a plus.
- Support and assist the Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls Engineering (E&IC) Manager to ensure safe operating conditions and regulatory compliance of production units
- Participate in the commissioning of new and modified production units
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of new equipment and new control loops
- Support the maintenance team in the execution of ITPM and maintenance, repair, and operation (MRO) activities as required
- Conduct and/or coordinate troubleshooting activities
- Become an expert capable of exercising E&IC engineering judgement with respect to the process areas of responsibility and assigned subject matters
Secondary Role Functions:
- Deputy for power supply tasks (Equipment operated with Voltage 480V and higher)
- Become specialist and subject matter expert in Fire alarm systems and fire protection systems
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation or Controls Engineering OR Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- 3+ years of professional experience in the field of E&IC plant engineering, maintenance, or project engineering. Suitable candidates with less professional experience can be considered in a case-by-case evaluation.
- Must be comfortable working in in office environment, but also able to work when needed in the field plant or construction site)
- Technical knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, and controls (EI&C) including relevant regulations, standards and codes
- Familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation/maintenance of 480V equipment, such as motors and motor control centers (MCCs)
- Preferred, but not required: Emerson Delta V, SAP EAM, Functional Safety, Comos
- Preferred knowledge in Fire Alarm Systems (Hardware and programing)
- Ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot system and process problems in collaboration with Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that our individual differences are our collective strength. We encourage our employees to be their authentic selves and desire team members that share these interests. You will be valued for your contributions and perspectives as we continue to grow together. Your career is important to us, and we want to foster a mutually beneficial relationship where you feel heard, understood, and fulfilled. We consider our employees’ overall health and satisfaction when creating a benefits package. Below are some of the additional incentives our employees enjoy.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off in addition to personal days and holidays
- Support for Community Involvement
- Bonus Plans