Job Title: Sr. Director of Operations
The Sr. Director of Operations oversees all aspects of bread production and provides leadership for employees across all production shifts. Overall responsibility for production, maintenance, scheduling, sanitation, and warehouse operations as well as associated responsibilities in safety, quality assurance, human resources and other related areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies that maximize operational effectiveness/performance while partnering with other divisions to develop actionable plans to improve overall operational effectiveness while meeting growth objectives.
- Achieve all business objectives while delivering on creation of an accident free workplace that delivers safe and quality products to consumers.
- Reviews and establishes strategies and actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, productivity, product quality, customer service, quality of work life, and lowers manufacturing costs.
- Responsible for the financial results of plant operations by preparing annual manufacturing budget, analyzing costs of plant improvements and leading cost containment initiatives.
- Adhere to the approved operations annual budget and provide budget updates and adjustments as requested by the VP of Operations.
- Provides managerial direction to manufacturing departments with an eye for continuous improvement and lower costs.
- Allocates adequate resources (people, time, dollars) to various manufacturing departments to enable completion of department goals and objectives.
- Indirect leadership of Human Resource activities of the location to ensure good relations with employees and compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
- Ensure the operations management team communicates with associates with a focus on providing personal development and work related performance feedback.
- Establish and preserve positive Employee Relations to maintain union-free environment.
- Direct the maintenance activities of the location assuring that the facility and equipment are adequate to meet the stated operational goals.
- Provide leadership to the product planning and materials activities of the location to ensure that the inventory levels are efficient.
- Support Warehouse and Distribution activities to assure on-time delivery of goods to our customers.
- Indirect leadership of the Quality Assurance activities of the location to insure product integrity while maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assists in establishing quality specifications and ensure specifications are met by plant employees.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Verifies GMPs and Safety standards are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted.
- Monitoring daily operation schedules for all departments for accuracy and ensuring daily operational goals are realized.
- Track key performance indicators of operations including quality, service, safety and cost. Share operation’s goals and guidelines for achieving the goals with facility leadership.
- Perform a daily walk through all areas of the operations facility, while having visibility on all shifts.
- Provide strategic guidance to the organization through participation in meetings.
- Participates in new product development and planning by researching the cost and ability to produce the product.
- Communicate new product production plans to supervisors and participate in implementation of the new product’s implementation.
- Support Lean and Six Sigma in the facility.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preference for degrees in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Food Science.
- Must have a minimum of ten years’ experience in a baking production facility, with minimum 5 years’ leading a facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- SQF-Working knowledge of and implementation/maintenance of SQF Level III Certification in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes within baking operations.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Self-motivated, results orientated, and organized.
- Must be open to receiving performance feedback and be able to react to the feedback in a positive manner.
- Proficient MS Office skills.