Develop vendor relationships as needed, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, fluency in English
· Implement health, safety and environment rules and regulations according to company policies, standards, corporate tools and programs, and local regulations.
· Conduct health, safety and environment audits to identify risks, develop possibilities and actions to close gaps.
· Address timely Health and Safety related issues throughout the facility and support the departments in resolving safety related issues.
· Participate in incident investigations to help analyze and document accidents and/or near-miss incidents, to the extent that a root cause is identified and act as a resource to insure follow-up actions are thorough and complete.
· Participate actively in company’s Best Practice team(s) network to take benefits of wider HSE community and also contribute to it. Evaluate the organization’s production processes, systems, and technology and recommend changes that will improve and reduce the safety, security, quality, environment impact of the organization’s operations.
· Coordinate the training of the organization’s workforce on health, safety and environment issues to ensure that they understand and comply with the organization’s policies and standards.
· Liaise with, alert, and influence the relevant internal and external stakeholders – local management and authorities – and advocate HSE mindset across the organization.
· Contribute actively in employee relations procedures in health and safety related topics
· Support the company Behavior Based Safety Program and serve as a champion for the program and coordinate the organization of Safety and Site related events (i.e. incentive rewards, Safety/Communication meetings, annual hearing testing, etc.).
· Responsible for completing OSHA and other required reporting accurately and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Maintain permits and other proper certifications including ISO 45001
· Coordinates continuing/refresher training for FL, Arc Flash, CPR/AED, Fire Extinguisher, etc. to maintain compliance with OSHA standards and Company policies and procedures. As well as, monitoring new Health and Safety regulatory requirements to ensure the site remains in compliance.
· Serves as the OSHA compliance resource.
· Supports New Hire Orientation Safety Training as needed.
· Maintain recordkeeping systems including monthly incident statistics, injury trend data, audit follow-up and other required KPI’s.
· Manages the inventory supply of all Safety related items including Personal Protective Equipment.
· Assist in the management of worker’s comp related injuries and return to work program.
· Writes/revises Safety work instructions and policies in ISO format as needed.
· Interfaces with outside authorities during site audits or investigations.
· Support employee engagement initiatives (Wellness, Activities Committee and other community supporting events.)
· Demonstrate an ability to drive change, motivate, and maintain a high level of engagement related to the company safety culture.
· Strong background knowledge of the OSHA standards and regulations.
· High level of computer skills including above average ability to use MS office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Must be able to effectively lead and coach in order to drive projects to completion.
· Must be able to work independently with good trouble shooting and decision-making capability.
· Must be highly self-motivated to identify improvement opportunities and take action while being able to adapt to new circumstances.
· Must have the ability to be on-call in the event of an emergency and/or accident.
· Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years’ professional safety experience in a manufacturing environment or 5+ years’ experience in lieu of degree