Key Job Activities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager External Reporting, the Senior Accountant External Reporting is considered a highly visible roll within and will be responsible for:
- Supporting project management, preparation and review of all external reporting with the SEC including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (Earnings Release).
- In the area of Statutory reporting
- Supporting timely completion and compliance of international statutory reporting and audit requirements through monitoring of key dates (using a variety of project management and workflow tools (e.g. excel, sharepoint, and internal LEAD – Statutory repository browser).
- Reviewing global statutory filings and reconciliations to US GAAP to ensure consistency of disclosures between US SEC filings and local filings, as well as understanding any differences in reporting or accounting principles applied between US filings and local filings.
- Assist in the dashboard reporting on Statutory audit and filing status for all international entities.
- Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company. This includes participation in trends in disclosures (e.g. Environmental, social and governance (ESG), acquisitions, valuations, due diligence, divestitures and necessary public filings due to transactions.
The External Reporting Senior will work to drive the integrity, accuracy and transparency of our external reporting commitments.
In this role you will have the ability to:
- Become a subject matter expert in SEC filings and disclosures.
- Have exposure to and understand differences in accounting principles between IFRS and local accounting rules and US GAAP.
- Have the ability to work with and collaborate with team members in the Controller’s group, FP&A, Legal, Treasury, Tax, SOX, Internal Audit, NA and International Accounting Teams in reporting and disclosure matters.
- Become an expert and assist in the administration of the wDesk collaboration tool.
Required Education: in Bachelors
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant designation (preferable)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience in a more than $1.0 billion, global company
- Strong background in accounting and reporting
- Public accounting, public company experience (preferable)
- Must possess knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with SEC reporting tools such as Workiva (preferable)
- Experience with consolidations tools – SAP/BPC (preferable)
- Have a desire and flexibility to learn new things