SPI Super User
Sugar Land, Sugar Land, TX
Salary Range:$93,600.00 To 104,000.00 Annually
Our company is an Automation & Engineering Firm, provides the highest quality services for the Refining, Gas & Oil, Pipeline, Renewable, Chemical, and Biopharm Industries. Our company has over 25 years of experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction with 15+ years of experience in Lifesciences Engineering and Compliance Consulting. We are customer-centric and fully committed to our clients’ needs and as a result, most of our business is repeat business. We are an employee-owned company with opportunities for growth.
Our company is seeking personnel for our SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) group in Sugar Land, Texas. The SPI SU classification is specific to the individuals who have advanced knowledge of SPI and a working knowledge of Instrumentation/Control Systems standards and practices.
High School Degree or Equivalent
Associates Degree in Applied Sciences in Engineering or Design preferred
- Strong understanding of P&ID’s, complex wiring diagrams, complex Loop drawings, specification sheets, installation details (hookups); and their implementation in SPI
- Strong working knowledge and experience with SPI Engineering and Design Modules
- Practical experience with Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, CAD applications, or other software used for data implementation
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience with SPI modules (Engineering and Design)
- A SPI Super User will have the following SPI capabilities:
- Manipulation of IO assignment and Control System Tags using all provided SPI functions (Excluding SQL and Import Utility)
- Cross-wiring functions
- Strong understanding of ESL layouts and proper macro, redlining, and smart text implementation
- Basic understanding of General signals for Power, MUX, etc.
- Creation of advanced apparatus groups: MCC, Relay’s, Isolators, etc.
- Basic understanding with creation of Foundation Fieldbus instruments, segments, IO association, multi-input devices, and drawings
- Basic understanding with creation of Hart, Serial, and Profibus instruments, IO association, multi-input devices, and drawings
- Basic understanding of Specification Data Dictionary
- Basic understanding of Specification Data Templates
- Performing comparisons between revisions and retrieving revision data for SPI documents
- Using Browser Views, Filters and Sorts with SPI Find Windows
- Basic understanding of SPI preferences and their impacts on SPI functions
- Basic understanding of SPI supporting tables and their impacts
- Auto Wiring functions (Panel pre-assignment, auto wiring tasks, etc.)
- Creation of SPI ESL layouts and proper macro, redlining, and smart text implementation
- Creation of SPI General signals for Power, MUX, etc.
- Strong knowledge with creation of Foundation Fieldbus instruments, segments, IO association, multi-input devices, and drawings
- Strong knowledge with creation of Hart, Serial, and Profibus instruments, IO association, multi-input devices, and drawings
- Creation and implementation of Specification Data Dictionary
- Creation and implementation of specification data templates
- Batch Tag Data sheet implementation
- Batch Tag Process Data implementation
- Advanced utilization of SPI supporting tables and their impacts
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative, self-motivation, and accepts direction from qualified sources; demonstrates dependability, commitment and involvement to company projects.
- Teamwork: Shows respect for all fellow co-workers. Interacts well, cooperates with and gives assistance to team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company’s quality standard of acceptability; has the ability to manage multiple tasks and project changes in an organized manner.
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform, retain, and share the technical skills required for the SPI classification.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions.
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels, both written and oral, with both clients and company personnel.
- Decision Making: Displays the willingness and judgment to make decisions; takes action upon decisions made with good judgment.
- Customer Relations: Displays the ability to cultivate positive customer relationships that attract and retain a solid base of customers.
- Competitive salary with a discretionary bonus potential
- Benefit Time Off (BTO) that can be used as paid vacation, sick time, holiday funding, or as cash-out
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) & 401(k) plan for retirement with employer match
- Company funded health and dental insurance with low employee cost sharing
- Wellness & Vision subsidy
- Company paid short term and long-term disability coverage