JL Consulting Group, LLC has partnered with a client to fill multiple school based Speech Language Pathologist (CCC and CF) in Houston, TX and Phoenix, Arizona. Our client is well respected, and the best sought out agency providing services for school-based companies with unlimited support. We are seeking both full time and part time staff that will provide services to children. Positions will work alongside school based companies that have a schedule of 9 months on and summer breaks. Clinical Fellows are welcome to apply! The Speech Pathologist will evaluate, diagnose, and treat students with speech or language disorders, formulate individualized treatment programs, keep appropriate records, and inform faculty and parents about students’ progress.
- Assesses the needs of pupils with speech or language disorders and matches their needs with programs available through the educational system. Meets with students regularly according to treatment program schedule, evaluates, and maintains records of students’ progress.
- Reports progress to faculty members and meets with them on a regular basis to discuss their evaluations of students’ skills as demonstrated in class performance and social interaction with other students.
- Reports progress to parents and meets with them regularly. Suggests activities parents can do with their child to assist and supplement the student’s speech therapy program. Attempts to add to their understanding of the program and answers questions and addresses concerns they may have about it.
- Repeats evaluations on a regular basis to measure progress according to professional guidelines.
- Talks with students to determine their feelings about the program and their progress or any frustrations they may feel about the therapy.
- Hearing ability sufficient to evaluate student’s speech.
- Skill communicating verbally and in writing with students, faculty members, and parents so that all parties understand the program and the degree of progress being made.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in speech pathology required.
- State license as a speech pathologist required.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in the speech pathology field preferred.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence is desired
- Certificate of Clinical Fellow is desired
- Ability to travel to various local locations to provide service
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.