Solver Development – Power Electronics
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated software developer to join our electrical solver development team. The applicant will be involved in the development of an industry-leading software package for simulating various engineering multi-physics systems found in the automotive, aerospace and many other industries, involving electromagnetics, fluid, thermal, mechanical, acoustics, chemistry, and control domains. In addition, the applicant will also work on the development of specific company founded software program which is a power converter design software designed from the ground up to compare a great number of power converter solutions.
- Research, develop and implement advanced mathematical models and computational algorithms for electrical circuits, with a focus on power electronics
- Work with the development and application teams toward general improvement of the software
- Maintain existing solver, which includes bug fix and code refactoring
- Write and maintain internal technical documents
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- GPA 3.6/4.0
- 2+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience with power electronics systems.
- Professional and/or graduate-level experience with electrical circuit simulator and/or power electronics solution (PSIM, PLECS, SPICE, Simscape, Matlab/Simulink, SABER etc.)
- Understanding of signal processing fundamentals (filtering, FFT etc.)
- Professional and/or graduate-level programming experience with a focus on scientific computing (Fortran/C/C++/Python)
- Experience in developing electronic circuit simulation tools (PSIM, PLECS, SPICE, Simscape, Matlab/Simulink, SABER etc.)
- Numerical methods for solving dynamic systems governed by ODE or DAE
- Software parallelization techniques (OpenMP, Open MPI, GPGPU, etc.)
- Optimization algorithms
- Knowledge of Electromechanical or Electromagnetic systems is a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- Offers best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- Offers a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- Provides an onsite fitness center.
- There is currently an adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Due to the issuance of Executive Order 14042 which effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.