Software Integration Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Job Summary of Software Integration Engineer
Our client, a developer of advanced ADAS technology, is looking for a Software Integration Engineer, who will be responsible for design, implement & establish software integration processes establishing and maintaining complex software build system.This company is a global leader in advanced vehicle technology development, offering a mix of exciting projects, long-term stability, and excellent growth potential.
Responsibilities of Software Integration Engineer
- Integrate, merge, build different software component baselines of a complex software system and then make an internal or customer release.
- Be at the fore-front and lead the debugging/troubleshooting of complex software integration or software stability and performance issues.
- Strong motivation to propose, design, implement & establish software integration processes and ASPICE base practices.
- Review existing automation, investigate tools, identify opportunities to improve overall productivity to make us more efficient in build/ release management.
- Make needed documentation and perform bench tests, basic software integration and regression smoke tests.
Might need to travel for customer workshops or to other sites.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Complies with the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS)
Qualifications of Software Integration Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
- Successfully executed the software integrator role at least for 2 years in complex software build system
Technical Knowledge of Software Integration Engineer
- Experience in: Autosar configuration and Integration, CI-CD, Dev-Ops implementation, and source control/defect management systems
- Knowledge of CI-CD/Dev-Ops tools pipeline creation, Integration of tools and Maintenance like Jenkins is a must.
- Tools knowledge of Git, GitHub, PTC, DOORS is a must.
- Knowledge of reporting Tools like PowerBI, Grafana, Kibana, Excel Dashboard, etc. is must.
- Knowledge of Code Analysis Tools is must. QAC, QAC++ is a must.
- Experience in: C/C++, make, cmake, linker file-syntax, scripting languages like Perl, Python is preferred.
- Good understanding of version, build processes, Binary management & Release.
- Experience in developing Smoke Tests, Sanity Checks
- Knowledge of Communication protocols like CAN, Ethernet will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of agile development, methods and frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Excellent knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Compensation of Software Integration Engineer
Salary Range: Upto $95K-120K/year.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Travel: As and when required (domestic and international)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only