Looking for a Software Engineer to develop, document, integrate, and maintain controls interface software solutions.
Work for a global leader that specializes in transformational, custom-engineered friction welding and resistance welding solutions for manufacturing processes. They make highly specialized machines for highly critical applications that are used on-site for industry applications such as aerospace, oil and gas, automotive, agriculture, construction, consumer product electronics, and military.
- Develop and maintain relational databases such as SQL Server
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers and Applications Engineers to provide a variety of machine software system solutions for the effective operation of Friction Welders
- Interpret project scope requirements and develop detailed technical specifications and documentation.
- Build or leverage experience and understanding of machinery, machine controls, programmable logic controllers, human-machine interface, and their control software.
- Assist with machine startup and debug activities.
- Be responsible for the design, architecture, and programming conventions of new software applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing software.
- Advocate and maintain programming standards, verification and validation methods, and techniques.
- Promotes cultural values and behavior in others (Respectful, Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Effective Communication, Self-motivated, Responsible, Recognition & Appreciation)
- Advise and recommend future technical and/or operational direction and process improvements as related to this function
- Perform other assignments, as requested by supervisor or manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working with automation software solutions
- Ability to develop and modify computer programs in Visual Studio IDE, VB.NET, C#, VB6, WPF
- Ability to develop and maintain relational databases such as SQL Server
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess good documentation methods and practices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of manufacturing machinery and machine controls software systems
- Knowledge of OPC Architecture
- Knowledge of Cloud Technology and/or Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of Machine Data Collection
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits
- Java Script development or equivalent