Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of application development projects and system maintenance efforts. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple mid-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. General supervision is received from the Director, Software Engineering or Manager, Application Reliability Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for full life cycle development including design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities
- Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments
- Develops custom programs when required
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action
- Works with the Help Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot problems to identify if code related
- Identifies and implements solutions to issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and you have:
- Minimum two years programming experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to view both detail and big picture
- Required Technical Skills: Platforms: Windows; Languages: HTML, Java, XML, ASP.NET, C#; Databases: MS SQL
- Preferred Technical Skills: Platforms: Episys/Symitar; Languages: PowerOn/RepGen
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off