LOCATION: Charlottesville, VA
SOFTWARE ENGINEER COMPANY PROFILE:
- This organization is a strong community partner and invests in the quality of life of their employees, community, and charitable organizations.
- In this team environment, employees thrive in a culture that values people, serves people and emphasizes quality.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits include:
- Health – Company pays 100% of the employee and family monthly premium
- Company contributions to HSA and HRA accounts
- Up to 20 days of paid time off that is accrued during the year along with 8 paid holidays
SOFTWARE ENGINEER DETAILS:
- Design and develop solutions for new and existing projects while adhering to company best practices and coding standards.
- Work collaboratively with others to complete projects
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Work with team to come up with ways to improve overall development processes
- Document software functionality
- Understand business needs and how to build software to support those needs
- Support, analyze, and debug field issues as assigned
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
SOFTWARE ENGINEER BACKGROUND:
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have 7 – 10 years of professional software development experience using C# and the .Net Framework
- 3 – 4 years of experience working with Entity Framework or EF Core
- Have a deep understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Understand and have experience with client-server development
- Experience working with low level network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Have a strong understanding of system design and requirements gathering.
- Experienced with Windows server 2016 or greater
- Mentored other engineers ensuring that they follow company best practices.
- Are skilled at analyzing, troubleshooting, and debugging software
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills
If you have this it would be a plus:
- Worked with game development platforms such as Flash, GoDot or Unity
- 5+ years of experience in a gaming or gaming-related industry
- 2+ year experience in embedded or device interface development
- Experience working with Windows Embedded OSs:
- 2 – 3 years working with PostgreSQL
SOFTWARE ENGINEER NEXT STEPS:
- Advance Your Career – Apply Today.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER Charlottesville, VA