Excellent opportunity to become a part of a 100% employee owned company. In addition to competitive salary, total compensation includes bonus, ESOP (Employee stock ownership plan)/dividends, and 401K match.
Specifically the Software Developer would:
- Work closely with IT Business Systems Analysts to take business requirements and enable those requirements into new high quality software applications.
- Develop creative ways to enable our employee-owners via software application enhancements to perform their job according to compliance, quality, and on-time goals.
- Learn our existing software platforms in order to enhance them for superior, value producing software applications.
- Gain an understanding of business processes and absorb knowledge transfer on both the technical side and business side of those processes
- Develop creative ways to document our systems for future developers and business analysts in areas that support critical fixes or critical restore situations
- Exhibit the capability to learn other software languages, development tools, data analytics and reporting tools.
- Ability to become a valuable team member through training and hands on learning
- Provide ongoing and long term production support. Learn how production fixes are made and eventually perform those fixes.
- Assist in error proofing our systems code and creating proactive maintenance solutions for system uptime.
B. Competency Requirements
1. Technical Skills for Opening
- Strong software development knowledge and practice in a variety of languages and platforms (3-5 years of experience)
- Knowledge of database design within the context of software development.
- Knowledge and background in software architecture concepts.
- Strong analytical thinking
- High level of curiosity and lifelong learning mindset
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with various types of people in our culture
- Strong “customer first” and “serving others” mentality
- Attention to detail and documentation
- Strong desire and capability to learn business processes
- Exhibit internal drive to personally grow into a long-term larger role with management responsibilities
3. Education and/or Yrs. of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Development or Related Field
- Manufacturing, Finance, and/or Sales systems experience preferred
4. Unique Requirements for Opening
- Certain software development language certifications (Java, .Net, C#, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with technologies (or desire to learn those technologies) such as machine automation, predictive analytics, reporting analytics packages, artificial intelligence, and IoT applications