Simulation Solutions Consultant
Our client is looking for a Simulation Solutions Consultant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You must have an engineering degree and experience with GT software.
Must live in Washington, Arizona, Oregon, or California to be considered. Territory is all of California with 40%-50% travel. Fully remote position. Must be vaccinated to be considered. We are not offering sponsorship for this opportunity at this time.
As Simulation Solutions Consultant you will be supporting our customer growth initiatives with a focus on technical capabilities. You will be participating in growth opportunities requiring technical advice and act as the main technical sales interface between their client and the company throughout the sales process. Your analysis of customer technical requirements and the development of suitable solutions will ensure a successful proof of value for the prospect and help with driving business growth for the company.
In addition, you will also be responsible for generating and publishing technical content, that can be used to market and prove the company value for the system simulation community though various channels.
Solution consulting throughout the entire sales cycle
- Technical Qualification
- Support Sales during discovery and qualification phase of opportunities
- Perform as-is analyses of customer’s current simulation environment.
- Asses & articulate the company’s capabilities to address customer requirements.
- Proof of Value / Proof of Concept (PoC)
- Demonstrate & explain various company options to address specific customer requirements (work with Applications team if needed)
- Example models
- Customer success stories
- Develop strategies (together with sales team) to shorten the sales cycle by minimizing need for PoC.
- Initiate, accompany & conduct evaluations for well qualified opportunities.
- Coordinate with applications teams on specific requirements and development needs.
- Include / coordinate with application engineers if deep subject expertise is required or extensive evaluation period is expected.
- Present solutions to the customer/prospect
Management, analysis, reporting & documentation of solution consulting activities.
- Proper handling / documentation of technical client interactions in Salesforce opportunities.
- Report resources used (estimated time and $) supporting sales opportunities.
- Coordinate and own requests for training or project consulting engagements when related to sales opportunities.
Coordination and exchange with Application teams
- Analyze, report and discuss lessons learned from opportunities wins/losses.
- Request and coordinate AE resources if needed for sales related activities.
- Evaluation support
- Log development requests and hand-over to the Application teams
Support marketing, branding and customer engagement activities.
- Help organize and conduct “Tech days” at strategic accounts.
- Whitepapers, conference presentations, blogs on simulation solutions
- Focus on high level, multi-application, growth potentials.
- Cooperate with SME´s on input for specific applications.
- Exhibition/Trade Show booth presence
Education, Experience and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- MS in Engineering or higher – Absolutely required
- GT software experience – Absolutely required
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Knowledge & experience with software consulting and/or support
- Knowledge of the company’s development process
- Excellent English language skills required, both spoken and written. Knowledge of other languages is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills in an international working environment
- Understanding and interest of liaison between engineering and business value
- Independent, reliable team player
- Flexibility to work on multiple tasks with different stakeholders in parallel.
- Strong work ethic, with a clear problem-solving mindset
- Interest in multi-discipline work areas, being a simulation generalist.
- Interest in heavy customer interaction
- Efficiency/Flexibility in solutions development
Salary and Benefits
- We competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.