This is an opportunity to work for a company that values its employees and is always striving to be a positive influence in the community. Apply to become a part of a positive people-minded team!
Responsibilities: Major poultry producer has an immediate need for a Shipping Superintendent. This position will have responsibility to:
- Hire, train, direct and develop Supervisors as well as hourly employees
- Ensure products are shipped in accordance to company loading policy
- Maintain daily contact with distribution and transportation
- Attain or exceed company goals on late trucks
- Establish and be accountable for operating and capital budgets
- Train associates on job safety
Successful candidate will have:
- AA or BS degree desired but not required
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience in warehousing or shipping.
- Previous experience supervising at least one other Supervisor
- Perishable shipping experience – Poultry preferred. Beef, pork or frozen foods will be strongly considered.
In addition, experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc. and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment is desirable.