Fortune 100 Financial Services Powerhouse seeks dynamic Sr. Tax Analyst to specialize in federal income, compliance and tax research.
We offer world class benefits including a pension, profit sharing plan, 401k, bonus, full medical dental, child care services, and an on-site gym. We also value a quality of life work environment for our employees.
As a Senior Tax Analyst you would, under guidance, lead or perform complex tax transactional tasks and resolve a range of problems in tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, research and/or compliance to ensure actions are completed to appropriate service levels or defined procedures.
This role will be filled at either the Senior Tax Analyst or Tax Manager level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
The responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Prepares or reviews complex tax returns and supporting workpapers, estimated tax payments and various other tax compliance.
- Prepares or reviews quarterly tax provisions, including reports to management and the external auditor, account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet support, and execution of internal controls.
- Supports company tax audits, responses to tax notices, and timely resolution of other tax controversy matters.
- Performs technical research to address complex tax issues, including planning opportunities.
- Provides other tax support, which may include analyses of pending legislation, preparation of required transfer pricing documentation and reporting, and implementation of legislative changes.
- Analyzes processes and recommends improvements in the immediate area of responsibility.
- Monitors legislative and organization developments related to the selected functions.
- May manage or supervise selected functions, including planning, implementation, scheduling, and timely completion.
- Analyze processes and recommend improvements in the immediate area of responsibility.
- Participate in local projects or initiatives, evaluates potential impact on local reporting units, performs local implementation of changes.
Basic qualifications for Senior Tax Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree 4 or more years of experience in the Corporate Tax area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Corporate Tax area
- Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Corporate Tax area