ABM – SENIOR STRATEGIC PLANNING DIRECTOR
As Senior Strategic Planning Director – Account Based Marketing, you will drive an insight-focused approach by translating audience insight into highly targeted, personalized brand experiences. Collaborating with insights specialists to expand the understanding of the audience, while channeling that empathy into strategic foundations and direction.
While our strategists work in partnership with several teams, they are self-motivated and need little supervision. Strategists are truly engaging people, internally and with clients. They are well-trained strategic thinkers — clear, concise and compelling writers and story-tellers.
- Transform client assignments into insightful, distilled creative briefs, remaining an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Contribute to development of precision targeted digital engagement and content strategies.
- Develop strategic foundation assets, including brand positioning and communication architecture, to guide broader teams to develop creative, content, and media strategy.
- Work alongside the Data & Analytics team to assess the performance of client campaigns and consult with the broader team on optimization opportunities.
- Serve as an in-house expert on B2B / Account Based Marketing – mentoring and training across departments to build our collective B2B / ABM skills and knowledge
- Shape and participate in primary research, developing a point-of-view on the audience through a variety of data sources – qual and quant, behavioral data, cultural fuel, and secondary research
- Proactively engage with existing clients to analyze market trends and identify new opportunities and challenges.
- Can translate strategic foundations into actionable brand strategies, digital engagement, and content opportunities
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences
- 10-15 years of experience in a marketing strategy position within an agency, including B2B or Account Based Marketing specific role(s)
- A deep understanding of B2B and/or Account Based Marketing strategies and tactics
- Successful storyteller who sets up and leads the narrative for clients, from new business to current clients
- Requires the ability leverage insight, lead client collaborations and ideation sessions
- Demonstrates these specific hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking
- Demonstrated Leadership and can serve as a trusted strategic advisor
- Solid understanding of the data and analytics behind a digital strategy
- Ability to draw conclusions and provide strategic recommendations based on insights
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills; able to translate complex ideas into simple stories