The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the daily, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department, consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with monthly closing, including journal entries, reviewing the general ledger, preparing and updating account schedules
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Assist with preparation for various annual audits
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules
- Gather and assemble budget and forecast information for review
- Review the balance sheet to make sure it is properly presented
- Assist in performing audit of department budgets, vendor, and accounting management systems as directed
- Involved in all areas of the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries to include accruals.
- Other tasks as assigned by Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least 1 year of public accounting experience is preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong Excel and Access skill set preferred.