We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer for a rapidly growing biotech company. The Senior Software Engineer will design, implement, integrate, and deliver the software/firmware/hardware that enables the development and use of developing full stack technology for a unique and exciting lab automation platform for NGS.
Our client is a startup -spin off company from MIT that has developed a novel digital fluidics technology to scale up and streamline sample prep for genome sequencing. They recently closed on Series A funding and have plans to double headcount in the next 2 years. They are at an exciting inflection point as they emerge from stealth mode and scale up. Excellent opportunities for career growth and financial incentives.
Requirements for the Senior Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working with Ubuntu, Python, Typescript, SSH, Networking, Git, and embedded systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities: proactive team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions.
- A continuous learner who embraces a growth mindset.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies, frameworks, and trends in image processing, computer vision, and machine learning
- A portfolio of your past work that you can share
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information and present it to specialists and non-specialists.
- Familiarity with embedded development (ARM-Cortex M0-M4) preferred
- Familiarity with liquid handlers, automated biology, and biological instrumentation preferred
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- As a team member, work to design, implement, integrate, and deliver the software/firmware/hardware that enables the development and use of Volta’s instrumentation.
- Work with automation end-users within the application development team to identify process pain points.
- Be the integrated system-level expert, able to quickly triage, troubleshoot, and organize stakeholders to timely resolutions when issues arise
- Own and develop integrated software and firmware test plans, protocols, and reports
- This position will require significant “at-the-bench”, laboratory-based effort and responsibilities.
Occupational Category: 5-1252 Software Developers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer