Job Type: Full Time Employee
Location: Danbury, CT; Hybrid remote one day week
Relocation assistance available!
Fully vaccinated required
Come join an established company that has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment.
Collaborating with world class experts, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions in fulfillment of our customers’ requirements. We believe in our mission, and we believe in supporting our employees. We offer policies and programs that provide opportunities for continual learning, career growth and work/life balance along with a full suite of health and welfare benefits.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a demonstrated history of developing applications for a variety of embedded processors. The Software Engineer will be a part of a talented and collaborative team focused on improving and extending software for electro-optical satellite subsystems. A strong sense of shared responsibility and reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun. Supporting you will be a development and management team that wants you to succeed. The Software Engineer must have the vision to take ideas and transform them into software that will improve the nation’s defense capabilities.
NOTE: Because of the nature of this job, Candidate must Be A US CITIZEN and must either hold a current US DoD CLEARANCE or be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
- Architect and develop software used in high-value, mission critical deliverable systems
- Expand the company’s library of image processing software.
- Architect and develop software used to perform testing of high-value, mission critical deliverable systems
- Participate in the generation of requirements for design of test equipment
- Plan and execute tests to verify proper operation of software
- Assist in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of deliverable systems in a laboratory environment
- Develop and maintain documentation related to software, including requirements, design documentation, build paperwork, and issue tracking
- Work in a collaborative environment with other engineering disciplines, program management, and the customer community
- Support system verification and certification activities including support of system integration with the host platform and field support and testing
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related technical degree or experience
- 5+ years of experience in general software development environments
- Versed in at least one of C, C++.
- Solid knowledge of a scripting language – preferably Python.
- Ability to Code from design documents or Proficient in writing detailed design documents using formal design standards
- Understanding of calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra, etc. and the ability to convert mathematical algorithms into efficient code.
- An interest in working with hardware to help ensure that code is bug free as well as the ability to perform SW/HW integration at the host of target level
- Worked with engineers in other disciplines in order to design the best possible system for all involved
- Deep curiosity in learning new application techniques.
- Knowledge of document and code management (e.g. Git, ClearCase) systems
- Developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
- Development of remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
- Working knowledge of designing and developing object-oriented systems
- Delivered projects using Agile methodologies
- Able to use UML or similar
- Designed and coded graphical user interfaces
- Proficient with writing unit tests
- Understanding of development against interface control documents such as interfacing with electrical test equipment.
- Ability to work with requirements-based design, capture and repository tools, e.g. DOORS)
- Experience working with drivers and low level Linux are a plus