Software Controls Systems Engineer
Opening for a Controls Systems Software Engineering Professional. The Software Engineer is responsible to work on all phases of the software development life cycle. Responsibilities include performing software requirements analysis, software architecture design, implementation and support of software module and integration testing, verification and release.
Experience and Requirements:
- Creating and modifying model based embedded software to support control system development. (Prototype – Hybrid Electric Vehicle experience preferred).
- Interface with global teams (internal/third party) for development/integration and testing activities to support product development/deliveries.
- Works with customers in technical discussions, reviewing requirements, creating technical documents/specifications, integration/test activities and resolving technical issues in a timely manner to support deliveries/milestones.
- Supports verification activities related to software.
- This individual needs a high level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Some travel may be involved to support program activities.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with controls, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, implementation, and validation of embedded controls software.
- Control algorithm design experience utilizing MATLAB and SIMULINK for automotive applications (“C” and Python experience bonus).
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN etc.) and associated development methods and tools (ATI, Vector tools).
- Experience in system V&V or software testing
- Visa sponsorship available
- Remote or hybrid work options
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The nature of the duties will change as the company and its situation changes.