We are searching for a Senior Scientist who is an expert in gene editing to join an R&D team working with naturally-derived extracellular vesicles (EVs) to deliver gene therapies in vivo. This well funded startup has a proprietary EV platform to deliver gene therapies in vivo and establish a new class of therapeutics.
Requirements for the Senior Scientist – Genetic Engineering
- PhD and 4+ years of postdoctoral experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience developing and using gene editing tools
- A strong foundational knowledge of genetic engineering and background in cell culture
- Expertise in genome editing technologies, including CRISPR-based methods, base- editing, deletions and knock-ins and gene silencing
- Working knowledge of other gene editing techniques (e.g. TALEN and ZFNs) and gene therapy delivery technologies (e.g. viral vectors, LNPs, exosomes)
- Experience in hematopoietic stem cell biology and hematologic diseases preferred
- Hands-on experience in in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo studies determining the efficacy of gene editing and gene therapy including quantification of editing efficiency — gene delivery, and effects on gene and protein expression in modified cells.
- Experience in design, synthesis, and evaluation of gene expression cassettes or constructs
- Experience with mammalian cell culture including mouse models of human disease, primary hematopoietic cell culture preferred
- Experience managing remote teams or collaborations, and ability to build strong, collaborative relationships and lead and motivate team members
- Ability to manage competing research priorities across multiple programs, meet deadlines, and pivot as necessary in a rapidly-changing startup environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills