We are searching for a Senior Research Scientist with a career focus on biotherapeutic analytics for a highly regarded and well funded biotech company in Vancouver, BC. All candidates should have experience with the characterization of antibodies or other therapeutic proteins, using analytical and biophysical techniques. This is a terrific opportunity to join and grow a career with one of Canada’s fastest growing biotechs. As Senior Research scientist you will contribute to cutting-edge R&D, supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use. This company offers an exceptional relocation package and benefits.
Requirements for Senior Research Scientist:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Structural Biology or related field
- 8+ years of experience, including 5+ years of experience in industry
- In-depth understanding of antibody sequences and structure
- Self directed, a team-player and potential team leader who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment with multiple competing priorities.
- In-depth understanding of antibody sequences and structure, as well as common modifications and degradation mechanisms
- Demonstrated expertise in biophysical characterization of antibodies or other protein therapeutics using analytical chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, light scattering, differential scanning fluorimetry, or related techniques
- Experience with antibody assessment using high-throughput techniques
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication, documentation and technical writing skills
- Excellent decision-making, and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with antibody binding and other mechanistic data from SPR or related technologies is an advantage
Occupational Category: 19-1099 Life Scientists, All Other
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer