We are searching for a Senior R&D Electrical Engineer for a rapidly growing, exciting medical devices company in North San Diego County. This company is positioned to go public next year.
The Senior R&D Electrical Engineer will perform the design, development and integration of complex medical systems with adherence to electrical performance, safety, and EMC standards.
Requirements for the Senior R&D Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 5+ years’ experience with electronics design
- Experience with electronics design tools such as schematic capture (Altium, Orcad),
- Working familiarity with IEC 60601 especially with design to handle defibrillation.
- Experience working with SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet and other interface protocols.
- Familiar with PLL, DDS, ADC, DAC, power supply design and monitoring.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) SoCs and DSP filters.
- Experience evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting analysis.
- Experience designing testing methods, testing properties, simulation, prototype and debugging of electrical circuits and firmware. Confirm system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties; simulation; quick prototype; and debug of electrical circuits and firmware
- Experience in the medical device industry
- Knowledge of the electrophysiology space
- Experience working in a startup environment