Responsible for directing/mentoring all Quality Engineers within the location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
2. Sets and monitors SPC data to ensure delivery of consistent quality from suppliers or to customers.
3. Sets standards for determining non-conforming materials and scrap review.
4. Responds and follows up to customer concerns with regard to quality.
5. Plans and coordinates PPAP documentation and submissions.
6. Assists with CPs, FCs, PFMEAs and other APQP launch activities.
7. Participates and leads corrective action, problem solving, and continuous improvement activities.
8. Assists in the development of standardized work processes and process improvements.
9. Assists in the implementation of ISO and TS initiatives.
10. Any tasks deemed necessary by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s engineering degree with 5 years quality experience in stamping/robotic assembly
2. OR Associate Science engineering degree with 5 years quality experience in stamping/robotic assembly.
3. Experience with automotive manufacturing and assembly plant processes is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Follow standardized work instructions.
2. Follow safety procedures.
3. Knowledge base of GWV produced parts.
4. Computer skills.
5. AIAG Core Tools.
7. Use of attribute gauges and variable gauges.
8. Apply policies and work instructions.
9. Team work.
10. Analytical skills.
11. Critical Thinking.
12. Complex problem solving.
13. Bi-lingual (Spanish or German) is a plus.