Senior Project Manager
Seeking an Environmental Senior Project Manager to support our environmental consulting/engineering practice. This position requires a strong understanding and intimate familiarity with the Massachusetts Contingency Plan program. A strong academic record and an understanding of environmental engineering (including site investigation, environmental compliance, state and local permitting, evaluation of remedial alternatives, design and implementation of remedial systems and/or construction management) is also essential for this position.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and full benefits!
- Supervise the junior staff on tasks as necessary.
- Lead and manage project teams on environmental engineering projects (remedial systems, infrastructure and other projects).
- Perform outdoor, all-season field tasks such as site investigation (drilling, test pitting, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, etc.), surveying, construction oversight/monitoring.
- Work on all phases of projects (due diligence, site investigation, fieldwork, data evaluation, regulatory permitting (local, state and federal), design, engineering analysis, construction and/or implementation management and documentation, and any close out monitoring).
- Conduct investigations of soil and groundwater in connection with projects.
- Monitor and documenting various aspects of construction projects.
- Conduct technical analyses/calculations.
- Interpret various site-specific data to make conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Perform engineering computation and analysis of subsurface data.
- Write drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications and related bid documents.
- Develop construction plans and prepare construction cost/quantity estimates.
- 5+ years of environmental consulting experience
- 5+ years of Environmental Scientist experience
- 5+ years of experience with the Massachusetts MCP program (Massachusetts Contingency Plan) and site remediation management
- BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or another applicable degree. Work experience is preferred. (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification, including 8-hour annual refresher certificates, is a plus
- Site remediation management: 4 years (Required)
- Microsoft office suite: 3 years (Required)
- Massachusetts MCP program (Massachusetts Contingency Plan): 5 years (Required)
- Environmental consulting: 5 years (Required)
- Environmental Scientist: 5 years (Required)
- Environmental engineering (site investigation, environmental compliance, state and local permitting) : 4 years (Required)