This role is 3 days onsite and 2 remote. Great perks – paid breakfast and lunch, many social clubs and outings. Nice attached parking garage in LA.
Scope and responsibilities:
The Senior Manager is within Project Management Office (PMO) of the Finance Operations department. This person will also serve as a business analyst, own, and deliver key phases of process, as well as technology improvement projects across the Finance organization.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison and advisor to all business, IT and third party vendors on an ongoing basis; supporting strategic priorities and managing expectations
- Develop enough knowledge to be a SME (subject matter expert) on the business process and liaise between the different stakeholders across departments for assigned initiatives or projects
- Gather, document, analyze and draw conclusions regarding complex data and information; succinctly present findings to various audiences
- Manage ongoing maintenance of documentation tasks, including:
- Project deliverables (e.g., project charter, project plan)
- Test plans, results, issue logs and remediation strategies
- Business, functional and technical requirements
- Current state (“as is”) and future state (“to be”) processes, systems flows and data flows
- Assist or lead in the preparation for working sessions with business and IT stakeholders
- Document and train BAU team on new processes and procedures
- Serve as go-to point of contact for assigned phases or components of a project (e.g., requirements or testing phase), in close coordination with the Project Manager
- Establish effective working relationships with business stakeholders across the CFO organization
- Proactively contribute to the development of your own technical skills
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks as well as communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor
- Own and drive areas of a project with ability to connect the dots between dependencies, planning for next steps, and being able to multi-task across multiple deliverables
- 5+ years business analysis experience within the financial services industry, preferably in the investment management industry
- Experience in “Big 4” type organizations (or comparable), in consulting or audit
- Track record in business analysis and process improvement
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems
- Strong project management capabilities of developing detailed plans, coordination with stakeholders across various levels, and being able to communicate at different levels (detailed vs. summary)
- Experience in working with large sets of data including data manipulation in logical data structures and reconciliations
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels), maintaining transparency and soliciting constructive feedback, ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material. Asks thoughtful, probing questions and willing to highlight knowledge gaps early, where needed.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; understand the importance of attention to detail, adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.