Location: Lexington, KY
- What’s in it for you?:
- This is the type of company where you can make a big impact in a short period of time. The engineering group is relatively new and there is a lot of capital and low hanging fruit. There are currently almost 40 projects planned for 2023 alone.
- If your aspirations are into project leadership in the future, then this is a good opportunity to manage sizable projects and to manage projects at multiple sites.
- About the Company:
- This company is an up-and-coming player in the agricultural industry that retains the entreupunurial spirit of its founder who started the company out of his garage in 1980 and grew the business to a $3 billion business today.
- This company really does things differently. Every year they hold a conference in Lexington for their employees where they invite renown speakers from different industries as a way of inspiring creativity and outside the box thinking. Past speakers have included: Steve Wosniak (Apple), Ramez Naam and Bear Grylls.
For this position you will be a member of a 12-person central engineering team that provides engineering services support and capital project support to 5 facilities in the US. This position is open because of the amount of capital available over the next 3 years. You will work on projects ranging from $1MM -$5MM. The 5 facilities are located in the southeast, mid-south and west coast. Travel will average 20%.
- Minimum Requirements:
- B.S. Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in manufacturing settings doing capital project work
- Must have experience with at least on out of the following three
- Spray drying
- Thermodynamics (heat exchangers or heat recovery systems)
- Pneumatic conveying
- Ideal candidates will come out of ag industry and companies such as ABM, Cargill, and Sensient