The Senior Project Design Engineer will plan and lead assigned engineering projects associated with the growth and expansion of product line. Coordinate product development, design, and implementation to meet the customer needs.
- Design and validate innovative, quality and cost-effective products to meet the customer needs.
- Manage each project by planning, assigning, communicating, and directing the activities involved in design and development.
- Coordinate engineering activities with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors. Evaluate and resolve design application and manufacturing issues through regular contact with customers.
- Initiate and drive cost reduction efforts applicable to product.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations, which affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Prepare and direct preparation of product layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compile and analyze operational, test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or related engineering field.
- Five or more years engineering experience, in automotive product design.
- Experience with the use of CAD.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical approach to problem solving, mechanically perceptive and creative/innovative with hands-on orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Organized and possess strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.