Rapidly growing medical devices company seeks a Senior Product Development Engineer to drive development of cardiovascular catheters from concept through commercialization. The ideal candidate will be a technical leader responsible for managing the catheter design process, and will coach and mentor junior engineers. This well funded startup enjoys a strong engineering company culture. It has FDA approved products in the market and are growing rapidly with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Requirements for Senior Product Development Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering degree with strong mechanical engineering experience
- 5+ years hands on catheter product development experience
- Strong understanding of design and design controls and experience taking a medical device product from feasibility to launch
- Solid lab experience to develop and debug fixtures and test equipment
- A self starter who is comfortable working both independently as well as in a leadership role mentoring and developing team members
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to demonstrate a high level of individual responsibility in a fast-paced collaborative engineering environment.
Responsibilities for Senior Product Development Engineer:
- Technical project leader responsible for the design process from concept to commercial launch
- Working with cross-functional teams including R&D, quality, manufacturing and regulatory affairs to ensure project success
- Solve design, utilization, characterization issues, create manufacturing documentation, perform verification and validation testing and continuously improve the company products and processes.
- Ensure design projects meet manufacturing, technical and company goals
- Ensure that all design projects are completed within budget and on time