TITLE: Process or Design Engineer (High Pressure Die Casting)
ENVIRONMENT: Aluminum and Zinc High Pressure Die Casting production cells (hot & cold chamber) With secondary machining, finishing, powder coating, and assembly capabilities.
LOCATION: Spirt Lake, Iowa
REPORTS TO: President/ Engineering Manager
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Negotiable
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors or equivalent in work experience
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder and able to work for any U.S. Employer. Employer will consider a current H1B candidate if authorization is transferable and not about to expire.
RELOCATION ALLOWANCE: Yes
BENEFIT PACKAGE: Yes
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 10+ years
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years
QUALITY EXPERIENCE: Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan/5S or similar continuous improvement programs
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One
We are seeking an experienced High Pressure Die Casting Process Engineer with tool and die experience to become a part of our team! You will be required to perform a variety of engineering tasks, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operational process efficiency.
- Develop, configure, optimize and document the die casting processes from inception, through start up, and mass production
- Assess processes, take measurements, interpret data and document conclusions
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Perform and document process FMEA’s, design of experiments, design reviews, risk assessments & engineering analysis
- Provide process documentation and operator instructions
- Educates, instructs and supports the production operators
- Manage die casting perishable tooling
- Track production tooling health and wear and develop programs to maximize tooling life and production uptime and throughput.
- Provide input for new and replacement tooling design to incorporate best practices into future tooling.
- Oversee the installation and operation of various mechanical systems
- Support preventive maintenance, de-bugging and repair of machine and equipment defects
- Identify, specify and implement technologies to improve operations
- Previous experience as die casting process technician, tooling engineer or other related fields
- Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen/5S, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement programs
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to provide direction for High Pressure Die Casting and peripheral processes activities.
- Ability to direct difficult die changes that will be performed by experienced mechanical technicians Ability to direct & perform die changes with help from experienced personnel.
- Read, interpret, alter and create complicated drawings and blueprints.
- Read, understand, and use precision measuring instruments.
- Judgment required to correct trouble spots in machinery and equipment.
- Ability to follow and work from verbal instructions.
- Some knowledge of metal alloys, their physical properties and heat treating.
- Judgement necessary to troubleshoot die casting equipment and processes.
- Ability to review and document multiple manufacturing processes.
- Process Automation experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
NICE TO HAVE:
- Die Casting Simulation Software experience
- Ability to lay out and perform work on Tool Room equipment, as required.
- Make new parts, jigs, and/or fixtures using drawings, patterns, old or broken parts.
- Review, adjust and approve die cast tool designs and drawings.
- SolidWorks experience
- CNC Fixture design experience
Bilingual (English and Spanish)