Provide cost accounting direction, support and analysis to plant leadership by supporting Management with planning, organizing, directing and controlling the cost, accounting and internal control functions. Provide analysis on variances to budget and prior year and help to identify trends and assist with maintaining positive trends and assisting with corrective actions for negative trends.
- Cost Accounting & related duties
- Establish/Improve/Maintain controls for profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, cost standards & saving opportunities; including procedures for implementation
- Compare and analyze performance with operating plans and standards, and communicate material exceptions to Management
- Monitor the financial progress of a project, compute operating fixed and variable costs and compare costs to budget
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries (Inventory, WIP,COGS, etc.)
- Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts after month end close
- Variance explanations comparing actual to budget and prior year
- Present monthly Manufacturing Financial Statements
- Assist in setting and maintaining measurable goals with business unit managers.
- Collect, prepare & summarize the monthly forecast information
- Lead the preparation of departmental annual budgets Review monthly financial statements with operational leadership and assist in identifying and setting measurable goals with the business units and review on a monthly/quarterly/Annual basis.
- Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience required.
- General ledger experience required.
- Inventory/Cycle Counting experience