Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer designs and tests complete machines, systems and mechanical components. You are responsible for the integrity, quality, and proper operation of design from concept through manufacturing, assembly, testing and field installation.
This role is for the individual who would has interest in getting into engineering management down the road.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Performs and coordinates the mechanical design and development of new products, or major modifications of existing products.
- Responsible for the accuracy of design and the quality of the final detailed part drawings.
- Promotes open atmosphere encouraging idea generation, technology assessment and innovation.
- Makes decisions within the framework of applied technology; formulates new approaches and techniques for the solution of technical problems encountered in design.
- Evaluates and tests new technologies and its application to company products.
- Must stay abreast of new developments in component technologies and trends in the capital equipment manufacturing industry sector.
- Tests and reports on customer specified or supplied material run-ability.
- Oversees development of documentation necessary for manufacturing release of the prototype. This includes but is not limited to Bills of materials, Product Flow Charts, Part Drawings, Assembly Drawings, Schematic (Air, Lube, and Hydraulics) Piping Drawings and Orientation Drawings.
- Responsible for the application of engineering and manufacturing standards, as well as appropriate product and component standards in the area of product responsibility. Expected to produce designs, which comply with company engineering standards and all local standards, which apply in the areas in which the machine will be sold.
Participates in the design review process for all assigned projects.
- Communicates design intent to the electrical engineer, ensuring electrical requirements are included in the design, and the product operates in the most efficient manner, without unnecessary complexity.
- Communicates with manufacturing, assembly and service to resolve conflicts, reviews designs, and incorporates suggestions in improvements.
- Correct designs problems, errors or inaccuracies found in design. Processes Non-conforming Material Reports, Engineering Change Notices, and Engineering Change Request when required.
- Participates in the design estimation process, which includes determining the feasibility if design, estimates design times requirements, assemble, test and project costs.
- Communicate with the Technical Publication Department to maintain accuracy of technical information for the customer manuals.
- Coordinates and performs testing of new technologies.
- Generates and maintains accurate test reports/logs in accordance with department standards.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 2-4 years of related experience
OR 5-7years of progressively responsible related experience without a college degree
OR a combination of education and experience
- Fluent in SolidWorks and other applicable engineering programs.