Senior Material Planning and Logistics Manager
*SAP Experience Required*
Senior Material Planning and Logistics Manager Summary:
The Senior Material Planning and Logistics Manager will have a strategic focus with tactical responsibilities. They must have an advanced broad based supply chain management, process development and manufacturing operations knowledge. They will drive key metric and cost reductions within the supply chain operations for multiple plants.
Senior Material Planning and Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for material and supply chain management operational performance for multiple plant departments including Scheduling, Planning, Warehousing, and Process Control.
- Implement tools and processes that improve operating efficiency and reduce cost within operations and supporting supply chains.
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight goals throughout the plants.
- Seek to develop and initiate best practices across the organization.
- Drive a reduction in overall inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for minimization of obsolete inventory.
- Influence/Educate/Support manufacturing operations to improve key measure performance.
- Provide mentorship for Materials groups within each plant.
- Contribute to company’s continuous quality improvement processes.
- Key measure responsibilities for Customer Delivery Performance, Inventory, Freight, Inventory Loss.
- Support the plants with New Program Launch activities.
- Responsible for material systems and processes within Materials Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- Highly proficient in SAP – ERP System.
- Superior leadership skills – influence all facets of the organization, mentoring, coaching and teaching.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills and strong influential leadership skills.
- Experience with supply chain visibility tools.
- Strong technical, planning, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.