Senior Manager Engineering Projects – Capital Project Portfolio Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re a part of something bigger, it’s because you are. Our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager Engineering Projects-Capital Project Portfolio Manager
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will manage a team of engineering expertise leveraged from both in the company and industry, for unusually complex technical projects, to coordinate the implementation of highly innovative and ingenious solutions in support of our infrastructure. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate safety by example and for all projects
- Determines project objectives, and interprets company policies
- Prepare project funding documents with scope, cash flow, schedule, and deliverables
- Motivate project teams to a successful outcome
- Leads engineering and contractor evaluation and selection process
- Reviews and approves cost estimates, sets up check and balance system.
- Integrate complete team into planning and design reviews for projects
- Frequent review of progress vs. schedule vs. cost with appropriate teams and provide regular updates to client and management
- Develops and manages multiple large contracts.
- Establishes policies for major projects, interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to company-wide policies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Senior Engineer Manager professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR Master’s degree and 6 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR Associate’s degree and 10 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in the application of project management skills and concepts with an understanding of related engineering subject areas
- Leadership experience with a team with varied strengths of technical engineering and facilities management with an organization in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industries
- Demonstrate practical resourcefulness with the ability to problem solve using practical solutions
- Possesses internal personal skill to work with technical scientific and management internal user groups
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and conflicting priorities across a broad range of facilities and engineering subject areas
- Excellent people skills featuring a demonstrated supervisory style that fits within the culture and values
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills vital to forge consensus among competing client’s interests on critical and time-sensitive issues—important in ensuring that, within our collaborative culture, projects are finished on time and on budget.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of processes or procedures.
- Strong analytical skills in the information and communication technologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to tactfully negotiate and positively influence peers and executive leadership
- Effective oral, visual and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
- Resilience and flexibility with the ability to react to changes quickly, and the ability to apply knowledge to new problems and new contexts
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits