As part of a cross-functional software development team, this role primarily involves helping deliver a flagship product – an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-based SaaS application with an emphasis on high availability, performance, and security. The ideal candidate will have broad web development and microservice experience. You will be working closely with product owners, product designers, and other developers, helping with product development and continuous technological evolution and innovation!
- Work with design and development teams to build features that solve customers’ problems
- Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and determine the technical feasibility of potential solutions
- Design, Develop and implement robust, scalable, and secure web-based solutions to business requirements
- Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other team members on projects that implement a variety of technologies
- Contribute to the improvement of our software development processes and practices
- Conduct code reviews
- Stay up-to-date on the latest and emerging technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical major. Related work experience and/or coding bootcamps will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A strong understanding of the software development process
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of building and working with REST APIs
- Experience in a wide range of AWS services or any other Cloud technology experience at scale
- Knowledge of application design patterns and object-oriented design and a desire to write clean, readable, maintainable code
- A fundamental understanding of automated software testing in general and Unit Testing specifically
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and how ORMs interact with them
- Docker is a plus
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices highly desired
WHY WANT THIS JOB?
- Growing Company making a lot of acquisitions.
- Be exposed to all kinds of new opportunities and new roles through this growth
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including PTO, health insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, disability insurance
- 100% Remote